Best Exercises to Improve Your Body Balance
It is always necessary to balance every aspect of your life, whether it is your body or lifestyle. Health becomes the prime factor when you try to balance your life. Now, if we are talking about balancing, then why don’t we start improving the balance of our body by practicing some smart workouts?
Some exercises to improve balance helps in increasing your strength, coordination, and flexibility of your body. The benefits of balance training are experienced by people of every age, but different workouts are designed for different age groups. Also, balance exercises help in performing daily tasks easily.
Not only a single body part, but the other organs like muscles of legs, hands, lower back, and lower body are also strengthened and balanced by practicing balance exercises. So, elderly people, children, and young adults are suggested to visit any multigym near you and start practicing body-balancing exercises with the help of the certified trainers.
Workouts to Improve Body Balance for Different Ages & Groups
According to the proficient fitness trainers of best gyms, balance exercises are designed as per the age and body capacity. There is a huge difference between the body of a child and an adult because beginners cannot practice the workouts of intermediate level people. So, you can have a look at different exercises for different ages to start the workouts properly with some fitness training tips on workouts.
Balance Exercises for Kids
Balance exercise is necessary to be practiced from childhood because it develops the strength of the bones and muscles of the kids from a very early age. Moreover, if children learn how to maintain the balance of their body, then they will be cautious about their diet, weight, and height from childhood. Practicing these exercises will help to get a fit and flexible body for children. Balance training also improves the posture of the children. These exercises help maintain the balance of the body of your kids with fun.
Bean Bag Balance
Bean Bag Balance helps you balance the lower body of children. It also maintains the flexibility of the body if the kids are training themselves for sports, athletics or any race.
- Keep a bean bag on the top of your shoulder or head.
- Try to walk in a straight line to maintain the balance of your posture.
- Now, try walking in a zig-zag way by moving side to side or move backward.
Note: You can practice this exercise by keeping a book on the top of your head.
This exercise is more like a game than a physical activity. This will not only balance the equilibrium of the body, but it’s also an interesting way to practice exercise for children.
- Play music and tell your children to move and dance.
- Once you stop the music, they have to stop like a statue.
- Again, after playing music, they have to start the same movement.
If you want to bring flexibility in your hands and legs, then Heel-Toe Walking is a good exercise for you. It will also strengthen your joints and bones of the toes.
- Bring both your arms at your side, and parallel to the floor.
- Use a string or chalk to mark a line and follow it.
- Walk straight on the line by placing your back of the heel against the toes of another foot.
- Now, start moving slowly but with control.
- You can continue this for 10-20 steps.
Balance Exercises for Adults and Elderly People
Fitness coaches recommend some exercise to the adults that will improve their balance, keep their body active, prevent them from injuries and maintain the coordination. If you practice these balance exercises regularly, then you will become active to do physical activities and other regular works.
Gym trainers also suggest practicing balance exercises to the elderly people to bring balance in their body, walk properly and reduce severe diseases. These workouts will also define your posture. Take a look at a few exercises to improve your balance.
For boosting core balance, strength and for defining posture of adults and elderly people. Moreover, this exercise also reduces the joint pain of elderly people. But remember this exercise should be done under supervision of a fitness trainer because wrong step may harm you. This exercise is also a kind of strength training workout.
- Keep a rope or a string on the floor.
- Now, hold your arms out wide to both sides.
- Don’t step to the side, and walk on the string or the rope to maintain your balance.
- Your feet should not go out from the rope.
- Walk for 10-15 steps following the instruction.
This is a senior-friendly stretching exercise that will help you practice stretching. Moreover, this balance exercise will also help in muscle movement of your legs. You can also strengthen your toe and knee joint by practicing this exercise. This workout also helps in reducing the belly fat.
- Stand straight and lift up your right leg.
- You can use a wall or a chair for support when you are stretching your right leg forward.
- Keep your neck, head, and spine in one line to maintain your posture.
- Extend your hand, so that your right foot can reach it.
- Hold each step up to 15 seconds, and repeat on the opposite side.
Rock the Boat
Seniors who are the daily walkers can practice this exercise instead of walking sometimes. While practicing this exercise, avoid straining your muscles excessively. This balance exercise will help in strengthening your legs, knee joints and foot. Moreover, the leg movement helps in increasing flexibility.
- Stand straight with your feet and keep the hips wide apart.
- Press weight to both the legs firmly.
- Lift up your right foot and yield your weight on your left foot.
- Try to hold up this position for 30 seconds.
- Now, gradually lower your left foot to the floor.
- Repeat the same steps to the other side.
- Do the steps for 5-10 times.
Balance Exercises for Sportsmen or Athletes
Athletes and other sportsmen need rigidity, flexibility, and balance in their body, so that they can start playing a game to win. Try to make yourself that much strong, so that you don’t get week in the playground. You may have a look at some exercises to improve the balance of the athletes.
Banded Triplanar Toe Taps
This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles of your legs, and glutes. Moreover, this exercise will also help the athletes run in a race or win a game easily. This workout can make your movements faster.
- Tie a resistance band around the lower part of your thighs above your knees.
- At first, start single-leg squat and quarter leg-squat on your right leg.
- Engage your hip and core muscles.
- Now you the resistance of the band, and tap your left leg forward to your side.
- Do the same step from the straight behind you.
- Practice about 10-20 repetitions.
- Do the same steps to the opposite leg.
Paloff Press with Rotation
This is a full-body exercise that mainly works on your arms, upper body and waist. This workout will not only balance your body, but it will also cut the extra fat from your arms and upper portion.
- Stand straight by pressing a cable machine.
- Now hold the handles of the cable by using both your hands at the height of your chest.
- Extend your arms away from your body by walking to the right side.
- After turning away from the machine, engage your core to maintain the alignment through the central line of your body.
- Now extend your arms, then return to the starting position.
- Repeat the same steps to the opposite side.
- Practice 1-3 sets about 10-15 times.
Single-Leg Cross-Body Punches
This exercise is for boxers, athletes and other sportsmen. This exercise can be practiced before a running competition, boxing game or any other sports. This exercise will improve the balance of your leg and bottom portion of your body. Moreover, it will strengthen your arms.
- Hold two dumbbells in both your hands towards your chest.
- Yield the weight of your body on your left foot, coming to a quarter-squat.
- Now keep your left foot strong and punch the weight with the help of the dumbbells across your body at one time.
- Do the same steps on the opposite side.
- Practice 1-3 sets of 10-20 repetitions.
The exercises to improve the balance of the body also increase stability and confidence of your mind. You can practice balance workouts if you don’t have any equipment. Right effort and your will power can help you in increasing the static and dynamic balance of your mind and body. The above-mentioned exercises are for the people of every age as discussed. You just need proper training from a fitness coach who can guide you the correct steps of the balance exercises. Along with body-balancing, these exercises will balance your weight and Body Mass Index.