5 Weight Gain Exercises to Gain More Muscle Mass
Most people have a misconception that only fat people hit the gym to lose weight. Did you know that exercise not only helps you lose weight but also enables you to gain weight? Yes, there is indeed an essential role of diet in gaining weight but, apart from diet, exercise can also help you, if you want to increase your body mass. Today, we will talk about a few common exercises that help you gain weight in a short period.
5 Easy Exercises to Gain Weight
The most common exercises that help gain weight are push-ups, bench press, pull-ups, bench dips, and squats. They allow you to increase your body mass index (BMI) which results in weight gain.
Even though people, who wish to gain weight quickly, depend more on dietary supplements like protein shakes, and weight gain foods. Push-up is highly effective in bulking up body mass. There are different kinds of push-ups, but generally, people do the broad hands push-up to gain weight.
- It would be best if you lay down on the ground, resting on your stomach.
- Your hands should be placed on the ground gently with your palms flat. Your elbows should be bent, and shoulders should be wide apart.
- It will help if you put your toes on the ground, with your knees straight.
- You need to push your body upwards with the help of your hands, and toes and make sure your arms are straight.
- Ensure that apart from your hands and toes, no part of the body touches the ground, when you are lowering your body downwards in slow motion by bending your elbows.
- Make sure you do at least 15 reps in each set.
In case you are suffering from back pain or low wrist flexibility, you should avoid push-ups.
The bench press is another exercise that helps in weight gaining. People who wish to gain weight quickly without dietary supplements should include this exercise in their daily workout schedule.
- You need to lie on your back, keeping your body relaxed.
- Grab the bar used in the bench press by stretching your fingers.
- Lift the bar, and stretch your arms completely.
- You can move your hands either in the upward direction or lateral direction. And then bring your hands back to the initial position.
- Make sure you bend your arms at a 90-degree angle.
- You can repeat the steps in 4 to 5 reps in each round. Just make sure you grip the weight bar properly to avoid shoulder injury.
Pull-Ups are also a convenient way of gaining weight. However, in case you have weak wrist flexibility or neck pain, you should avoid doing this weight gain exercise.
- Place your palms facing outwards while you grip the bar. And, the hands should be in-line with your shoulders.
- You need to lift yourself upwards and be at par with the bar. While you are pulling yourself upwards, make sure your feet are off the ground. Keep pulling your body upwards, until your chin is above the rod.
- Lower your body slowly, until the feet touch the ground, while your arms remain straight.
Bench dips are another joint exercise for people who wish to gain weight. Avoid doing bench dips if you have a back problem or a stiff neck because this exercise might strain them. It would help if you make sure that your chests are puffed, and pull your shoulders back while doing the exercise.
- The first thing you need to do while doing bench dips is placing a bench behind the back.
- Make sure the bar is perpendicular, and should at the same time be stable.
- It would help if you gripped the edge of the bench with your palms facing downwards.
- It would help if you extended your legs forward while you bend your waist.
- Breathe in and slowly lower your buttocks by pushing yourself in a downward direction.
- Breathe out slowly while you are lifting yourself from the bench.
If you wish to gain weight by doing squats, avoid using a weight bar while squatting if you are an amateur, and make sure your knees do not go beyond your toes. However, those who want to put on some weight, Squats can be one of the best weight gain exercises to try.
- If you wish to do squats, you need to stand straight. And your feet should be in line with your hips.
- It would help if you raised your hand perpendicular to the ground. For variation, you may join your palms in front of the chest.
- While doing squats, make sure your stomach is tight.
- It will help if you lower your buttocks in a sitting position while taking deep breaths.
- It would help if you made sure the body remains firm, and your bent knees are not supposed to cross your toes.
- You need to revert to the initial position and repeat this exercise 5 times in one set.
Apart from these exercises, you can also rely on dietary supplements, and protein shakes to gain weight quickly. Apart from this, you also need to make sure that you increase fat consumption and get adequate sleep if you wish to put on weight.
Yes, indeed, people rely more on food supplements in their weight gaining journey. But apart from these, they can also take the help of exercises to increase body mass and put on weight. All the weight gain exercises we have mentioned enable you to stay healthy, and at the same time, contribute to achieving the weight of an individual by increasing the body mass.
However, people should keep in mind that these exercises are incredibly strenuous and require a lot of time, effort, and precision. If done rightly at regular intervals, they can surely help you gain weight in the long run. But if you do not practice these exercises in the right form, they can also cause injuries.
Therefore, we suggest you take the help of experts who provide weight gain training to individuals and heed their suggestions while doing these exercises if you wish to gain weight quickly without getting injured. We should all remember that no matter how effective any of these exercises are, both gaining and losing weight are time taking processes.
Weight gain requires sheer hard work and dedication. If you have already decided to gain weight quickly, we suggest you should keep at it without being frustrated. Sooner or later, these exercises are surely going to show their results only if people keep practicing.