8 Powerful Yoga Workouts for Getting Toned Abs
Nowadays, fitness enthusiasts primarily focus on getting toned abs and cutting down the stubborn belly fat. People often have seen to find out the best multigyms in Kolkata and put much effort to get toned abs because belly fat is not easy to cut down.
If you want to improve your posture and get toned abs in a natural process, then no other exercise can give you a better result like yoga. Practicing yoga workouts will not only reduce the fat of your belly, but it will save you from various diseases that are caused due to obesity.
A flat tummy not only makes you attractive, but it also helps you maintain the coordination and balance of your lower body.
Yoga Asanas for Flat Abs and Strong Core
You don’t need to spend an entire day in a gym. Adopt the power of yoga workout from an expert trainer because the regular practice of asanas will help you reach your fitness target naturally without experiencing any injury. Have a look at some of the most effective Yoga workouts for flat and toned abs:
1. Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
This exercise helps in toning the abdominal muscles and strengthening the core. Vrikshasana helps in improving your posture and balancing your body. According to the fitness experts, Tree Pose increases your concentration power. People of every age can practice this yoga easily.
- Stand straight with 2-inches feet apart.
- Focus on a point by looking straight in front.
- Start inhaling and extend your arms up to join the palms.
- Hold your left leg to the right leg like a Flamingo.
- Continue deep breathing in that position by tucking your tummy.
- Expand your spine upwards with every exhalation.
- Repeat the same steps on the opposite side.
Caution: If you have insomnia or low blood pressure, then avoid practicing this asana.
2. Kumbhakasana (Plank Pose)
This asana is one of the dynamic poses to cut the fat of your abs. If you stay long in this position, then this activity can be beneficial for you. Moreover, this asana helps in strengthening your thighs, hamstrings, and forearms. After pregnancy, women are suggested to practice this yoga for toning up the loose muscles of their belly. This yoga also helps in toning the muscles of your hands and defining the shape of your collar bones.
- Keep your hands and knees by assessing them in a tabletop position.
- Your wrists should be beneath your shoulders, parallel to the top of the mat.
- Now spread your fingers wide and distribute the weight throughout your hands.
- Start lifting your chest higher and make it broad across your chest and collar bones.
- Now look down by keeping your neck in a straight line with the spine.
- Engage your thighs and core to prevent sagging in the back.
- Lastly, lengthen your tailbone towards your heels.
Caution: If you have knee pain, shoulder pain, and high blood pressure, then take the suggestion of a physician before practicing this yoga.
3. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog Pose)
Practicing Downward Dog Pose will not only help you in toning your abdominal muscles, but it will also shape up your waist. This asana helps in boosting the strength of your core muscles and strengthening your forearms. This asana also removes the stiffness of your shoulder and reduces the pain of spondylosis.
- Kneel on the floor and keep the distance between your two legs.
- Keep hip-width distance.
- Now press your hands on the ground.
- Straighten your knees, elbow, and heels by touching the floor.
- Lift up your head and bend the knees.
- Now gently sit on the floor.
- Inhale and exhale slowly while practicing this asana.
- Repeat the steps of this asana three times.
Caution: Don’t attempt this yoga if you have high blood pressure or shoulder discomfort. Moreover, if you are pregnant, then consult the doctor before adding this asana in your fitness routine.
4. Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior Pose 1)
If you are finding a powerful way to tone and strengthen your abs then Virabhadrasana is the best choice for you. This asana will also help in toning the muscles of your shoulder and thigh. This is a part of a stretching exercise that slowly pulls your core muscles.
- Breathe in and breathe out deeply.
- Keep your legs wide 4-5 feet apart.
- Now, raise your arms upwards and join both the palms over your head.
- Keep the right foot outwards 90 degrees to the right side.
- Now keep the left foot inwards 45-60 degrees to the right.
- The right heel should align with the arch of the left heel.
- Rotate your torso to your right side and keep your arms straight.
- Bend your right knee until your thigh becomes parallel to the floor.
- Form a 90-degree angle alignment between your right shin and right thigh,
- Remember, the bent knee should not extend beyond your ankle.
- Now look at the upward direction and join your palms.
- Retain this final position as much as you can hold.
- Now, reverse the movement to another side.
- Repeat the steps of the asana twice to get a better result.
Caution: If you have diarrhea, then avoid this asana because this pose may create pressure on your abdomen. Moreover, arthritis patients are suggested not to practice this exercise.
5. Virabhadrasana 2 (Warrior Pose 2)
This asana stimulates in toning your abdominal muscles by engaging your lower body part. If you practice Warrior Pose 2 regularly, then it will tone down your thighs also. This yoga is good for the health of pregnant women. Moreover, it relieves the stiffness of your shoulder, back, and neck. Health experts suggest practicing this exercise to reduce the problem of sciatica. This yoga also aids proper digestion.
- Keep your arms in line with your shoulder, parallel to the floor.
- Stretch the arms as much as possible.
- Look straight to your right side by keeping your head right.
- Keep your torso straight and in an erect way.
Caution: If you have arthritis, then take the help of a certified fitness trainer for practicing this yoga. People who are suffering from cardiac issues and high blood pressure should avoid practicing this yoga.
6. Purvottanasana (Upward Plank Pose)
Along with your abs, your waist and an upper back portion will also be toned if you practice this yoga. This asana helps in strengthening the muscles of your arms, glutes, wrists, core, legs, and back. This yoga also acts in reducing fatigue and depression to relax your mind.
- Stand in Dandasana or staff pose.
- Keep both your hands behind your hips, and your fingertips should face the feet.
- Bend your knees and keep your feet on the floor, and your feet should be hip-width apart.
- Now push your feet and hands strongly on the ground and breathe out. Keep your arms straight.
- Straighten your spinal muscles by pointing the toes in an outward direction.
- Raise your hips as much as possible, and hold it as much as you can hold.
- Repeat this process around 3-5 times.
Caution: If you have pains and injuries on your wrist, then this asana should be avoided.
7. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
This yoga is like crunch exercise It keeps the muscles of your core tight and lifts up your lower body. It is one of the easy asanas, so people of any age can practice this yoga. It also provides a toned waist.
- Lie down on your back at first.
- Fold or bend your knees and keep your hip with your feet distance apart on the floor.
- Now take your arms just beside your body, and your palms should face down.
- The distance should be about 10-12-inches from your pelvis.
- Keep your knees and ankles in a straight line.
- Hold the position as much as you can do.
- Now return back to your normal position.
Caution: If you are pregnant, then ask a health practitioner while practicing this asana. Moreover, if you are having back and neck injuries, then you cannot practice this asana. Always try practicing safe exercises during pregnancy to avoid problem.
8. Naukasana (Boat Pose)
This yoga workout provides you toned abs and also improves your stamina. Naukasana helps balance your back and the entire body. The main focus of this workout is on your belly and the bottom part of your body. This yoga strengthens the muscles of your arms, shoulders, and thighs. Moreover, it improves the functions of your liver, kidneys, and pancreas. Practicing this workout regularly will regulate the sugar level in your blood.
- Lie down flat on the floor, and keep your arms and feet together on your sides.
- Now keep your fingers and arms straight outstretched towards your toes.
- Lift your chest and feet from the ground by stretching your arms towards your feet. You will feel the tension in your stomach area while practicing this asana.
- Let the weight of your entire body rest on your buttocks, and make sure that your toes and fingers are in one line.
- Hold the breath in this position for a few seconds.
- Inhale and exhale slowly while practicing this yoga.
- You can do 3-4 repetitions while doing this asana.
Caution: The patient of arthritis should take the help of a yoga trainer for practicing this asana.
Regular practice of the aforesaid asanas improves the balance of your body and helps you reduce the strain of your spine and torso. These asanas are safe to practice and you will naturally start gaining the results in six months if your practice these yoga workouts continuously. Along with fat cutting formulae, yoga is also strength training workout that helps in building stamina.