Follow The Right Diet Plan To Stay In Shape
It has been estimated that nearly half of American adults try to lose weight every year. One of the best ways for you to lose weight is by changing your diet plan. There are several diet plans available and therefore starting the right diet plan might be a little confusing. You will have to choose something that is both sustainable and also effective. Certain diets tend to reduce your appetite in order to reduce the amount of food you consume. There are again some others that prevent you from consuming more calories in the form of either fats or carbs.
Understanding the Science Behind Weight Loss
Weight gain and weight loss mostly revolve around the number of calories consumed in a day. If you consume a few calories in a day, then you will lose weight and if you consume more calories then you will gain weight.
To drop the unnecessary weight, all that you need to do is to reduce the amount of calories intake and consume a more healthy diet.Simply finding out how many calories your body needs in a day is not enough. You will have to opt for a healthy diet. If you choose a diet that is not healthy, it might increase the cholesterol and the blood sugar level.
If you want to get an idea about a healthy diet plan, you can go through the discussion below:
- Country-style turkey sausage
- A cup of blueberries
- 3/4 cup of steel-cut oatmeal prepared with water; you can stir in 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese along with 1/2 cup raspberries and a tablespoon chopped pecans.
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese along with 1/2 cup salsa
- Whole-grain roti along with tofu/ non- veg and mixed vegetables
- 1 turkey burger
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 cup spinach salad with 1 tablespoon light balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup roasted cauliflower and broccoli florets
- Quesadilla made with 1/2 of one small corn tortilla and a tablespoon low-fat jack cheese
- Omelet made with 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg, 1/4 cup chopped broccoli, 2 tablespoons each fat-free refried beans, diced onion, diced mushrooms, and salsa
- 1/2 cup diced watermelon
- 1 sliced apple, 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt with and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts.
- Salad made with 4 ounces grilled chicken, 2 cups chopped Romaine, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 2 tablespoons shredded low-fat cheddar, 1/2 cup diced mushrooms, and 1 tablespoon low-fat Caesar dressing
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 medium nectarine
- 1 medium-sized orange
- 1 fat-free mozzarella string cheese stick
- 1 medium artichoke, steamed
- 4 ounces shrimp, grilled or sauteed with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro, 1/2 cup whole wheat couscous with 2 tablespoons diced bell pepper, and 1 tablespoon fat-free honey mustard dressing
- You can half 1/2 cup egg whites scrambled with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan, 1 teaspoon chopped basil, and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 slice whole-grain toast
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt which can be topped with 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- A salad that you can make with 4 ounces chopped grilled chicken breast, 1 tablespoon shredded low-fat cheddar, 3/4 cup cooked bulgur, diced grilled veggies 1/4 cup diced zucchini, 1/2 cup bell pepper), 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro, and 1 tablespoon low-fat vinaigrette.
- 6 baby carrots along with 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 cup wild rice with 1 tablespoon slivered toasted almonds
- 4 ounces grilled salmon
- 1 cup floppy baby spinach with 1 teaspoon each olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup diced cantaloupe topped with 1/2 cup all-fruit raspberry sorbet and 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts.
You can follow a similar diet plan for the rest of the days of the week.
Make Sure that you create a balanced diet chart
The balanced diet that you prepare should have food containing all the essential nutrients. To know about some of these nutrients, you can go through the discussion below:
Carbohydrate should make up at least half of your requirement for daily calories. Simple carbs that include biscuit, bread, white rice, sugar, and wheat flour are not good for your health. It is therefore recommended that you opt for complex carbs that have a higher amount of fibers and are also rich in nutrients. The carbs that have a higher amount of fiber are difficult to digest and therefore they help you to feel fuller for a longer period. Therefore, these are undoubtedly the best options for controlling weight.
Most Indians do not take the number of proteins that their body needs. This is something to worry about because proteins help in bodybuilding and also body repairing. If you opt for a diet that is rich in protein, it will also help you to lose weight. It is important to ensure that at least 30% of your diet should consist of protein. This protein may be in the form of whole dals, chana, paneer, milk, white meat, sprouts.
Fat is a group of food that does not have a very good reputation. But it is important for your body. They store vitamins, synthesize hormones, and also provide you with the amount of energy you need. Make sure that at least 20% of your diet should comprise of healthy fats. Omega3, polyunsaturated fats, and monosaturated fats are healthy fats. It is a good idea to use a combination of various oils in your meals. You should also restrict the amount of butter and ghee that you have in a day. Avoid trans fats and therefore you should not eat too many fried snacks.
Vitamins and Minerals
Vitamin A, E, B12, D, calcium, and iron are important for your body as they help in proper metabolism. These also help in the proper functioning of nerves and muscles, bone maintenance, and the production of cells. You can find vitamins and minerals in plants, meat, and fish. These are also available in proper quantities in nuts, oilseeds, and green leafy vegetables. You should have 100 grams of fruits and 100 grams of greens every day.
You must choose a diet that contains all the essential nutrients. This will help you to stay fit and healthy. You will also be able to stay more energetic and active and lose weight at the same time.